Thank you for visiting EBMA's Homepage!
Hosted by our own Angelika Torrie. Click title for more information.
The “I” of IBMA certainly got a very special focus at this year's event in Raleigh, NC. And our organisation, EBMA, is the first organisation outside of the US to receive an IBMA Distinguished Achievement Award.
The Award was presented during the Special Awards Luncheon on Thursday, 2nd October, during IBMA’s World of Bluegrass event. The introduction was made jointly by Nancy Cardwell and Greg Cahill, and it was illustrated with numerous photos of our history. It even outlined pre-EBMA and EBMA developments since 1994. Four of our currently eight board members were present to receive the honour, with a standing ovation by the audience! Angelika’s acceptance speech on behalf of the organisation was much applauded and can be read here.
- Angelika Torrie
- Rienk Janssen
- Chistopher Howard-Williams
- Chis Keenan
Angelika and Rienk had both served on the EBMA Board since it's foundation.
And the winner is / are....
Jean-Philippe Pahud, Switzerland, won the Deering Goodtime Banjo. Congratulations!!!
It will be delivered to you as soon as possible!
Winners in La Roche-sur-Foron
Everybody there was a winner! And the winning bands are:
#1 The Jumper Cables, CZ
#2 Dunderhead, SE
#3 Springfield, FR
... more information to follow!
Bluegrass Europe has become more and more colourful with the printing market now allowing for a full colour print. At the same time, the EBMA board decided to lower the rates for advertising. Please check out our rates!
EBMA board of directors
Susie Bowe, Italy
Petr Brandejs, Czech Republic
Martino Coppo, Italy
Christopher Howard-Williams, France
Rienk Janssen, The Netherlands
Chris Keenan, Ireland
Dagfinn Pedersen, Norway
Angelika Torrie, Switzerland
Our mission statement:
Working together to support Bluegrass Music across borders.
- EBMA works towards an integrated European bluegrass scene that enjoys strong, mutually supporting relations with international and national organisations.
- EBMA promotes and facilitates the sharing of Bluegrass enjoyment across borders (regional or national)
- EBMA supports bands, fans, musicians, organisations, professionals and everything connected with Bluegrass
- EBMA is a non-profit, professionally-run, dynamic and inclusive organisation
- EBMA adopts the core values of IBMA
The European Bluegrass Music Association strives to
a) further bluegrass music in Europe by getting more people interested and involved,
b) further European bluegrass musicians and bands and
c) enhance bluegrass music's image.
This shall be achieved in particular by:
- annual gatherings
- a website as the main means of communication
- contacts between European bluegrass people (networking)
© 2001 - 2015 European Bluegrass Music Association
EBMA, c/o A. TORRIE | FIECHTHAGSTRASSE 4 | CH-4103 BOTTMINGEN | SWITZERLAND
Ph: +41 61 423 96 91 • Fx: +41 61 423 96 90